[rancid] Re: Searching for Half-duplex Interfaces

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Fri Jan 11 22:29:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 02:33:32PM -0700, Pabon, Nestor wrote:
> I'm not sure I conveyed my goal correctly.
>
> If I use clogin or log directly into the router I know I can query
> issuing the following:
>
> "sh interface | i Half-duplex"
>
> But this will only return something like:
>
> "Half-duplex, 10Mb/s, 100BaseTX/FX"

But if you followed John's instructions (repeated below, with slight edits
for clarity), you would get something much better than that.  Note the
regexp which will match things like:

     FastEthernet0/0/0 is up, line protocol is up

So you'll see the interface names, and then their duplex settings if
they are Ethernet-based.

--------

   for rtr in ...list...
   do
       clogin -c 'show interfaces | inc (line protocol|duplex|speed)' $rtr >>output.file 2>&1
   done