[rancid] Re: Oddities with Cisco ASA

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Sun Mar 2 21:14:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Jethro R Binks wrote:

> Despite reports on the list of people having no problems with Cisco ASAs,
> I am having some problems.  This with code 7.1(2).  Two problems are
> described here, forgive the length of this.

You may recall my message a while ago to this effect.  I have recently
made another observation, for which I have no explanation, but offer it as
merely as an additional data point.

I have been running rancid persistently against this particular ASA ever
since the above, and it persistently fails in the same way.  However I
lately upgraded the 7.1(2) to 7.2(3), and immediately afterwards rancid
was able to connect for the first time since whenever and retrieve the
config.  Hurrah!  I thought, problem fixed.  Unfortunately, it started to
fail again about 12 hours later, and that is the way it has remained since
:(.

FWIW, I am now running rancid.in 1.234 and clogin 1.79.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK