[rancid] Re: Cisco 9124 SAN Switch

Mark.Favas at csiro.au Mark.Favas at csiro.au
Tue Mar 4 05:52:00 UTC 2008

Eric,

The diffs against Rancid 2.3.1 are below. Basically, it sets the type to
be "SAN" if it sees the string "Cisco Storage Area Networking Software",
and then assumes it's found the end of the config if it's seen more than
five lines of output and the router type is "SAN". That was enough to
get it to work for me...

Cheers,

Mark

*** rancid Thu Apr  5 05:30:58 2007
--- rancidsan Tue Mar  4 10:30:06 2008
***************
*** 153,158 ****
--- 153,159 ----
       next;
   }
   if (/^Application and Content Networking Software/) { $type="CE"; }
+  if (/^Cisco Storage Area Networking Operating System/) { $type="SAN";
}
   /^Application and Content Networking Software Release /i &&
       ProcessHistory("COMMENTS","keysort","F1", "!Image: $_") && next;
   /^Cisco Secure PIX /i &&
***************
*** 1411,1416 ****
--- 1412,1424 ----
   $found_end = 1;
   return(1);
      }
+     # The Cisco SAN switch running SANOS lacks a definitive "end of
config"
+     # marker.  If we know that it is a SAN switch and we have seen at
least 5
+     # lines of write term o/p, we can be reasonably sure that we got
the config.
+     if ($type =~ /^SAN$/ && $linecnt > 5) {
+  $found_end = 1;
+  return(1);
+     }

      return(0);