[rancid] Problems using nlogin and nrancdi

Rob Skoog rskoog at chrr.osu.edu
Wed Mar 5 14:23:52 UTC 2008

I'm trying to add a couple of netscreen firewalls to a rancid setup.

Here is what I see when I try to use nlogin.....

bash-3.00$ bin/nlogin -f .cloginrc  -c "get conf" isg-chat-auth
isg-chat-auth
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin isg-chat-auth
admin at isg-chat-auth's password:
Remote Management Console
isg-chat-> can't read "enable": no such variable
     while executing
"if { $enable } {
         if {[do_enable $enauser $enapasswd]} {
             if { $do_command || $do_script } {
                 close; wait
                 continue
             }
         }
     }"
     ("foreach" body line 66)
     invoked from within
"foreach firewall [lrange $argv $i end] {
     set firewall [string tolower $firewall]
     send_user "$firewall\n"

     set prompt ">"

     # Figure out..."
     (file "bin/nlogin" line 423)
bash-3.00$

Here is what I see in the rancid logs when rancid runs.

Missing right curly or square bracket at /var/rancid/bin/nrancid line
302, at end of line
syntax error at /var/rancid/bin/nrancid line 302, at EOF
Execution of /var/rancid/bin/nrancid aborted due to compilation errors.
Missing right curly or square bracket at /var/rancid/bin/nrancid line
302, at end of line
syntax error at /var/rancid/bin/nrancid line 302, at EOF
Execution of /var/rancid/bin/nrancid aborted due to compilation errors.

I have tried executing nlogin adding a -noenable but according the the
man pages that isn't supposed to be necessary. (It also didn't help)

Thanks,
Rob Skoog