[rancid] cannot "exit" when using clogin

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:53:52 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a Cisco 2811 (show ver below) that I can execute "telnet" from
the command line, connect, authenticate, and "exit" without problems.
When I use clogin to connect to this device it authenticates fine, and
I can execute commands on the router. However when I issue an "exit"
the system does not disconnect. This is causing rancid to hang on this
device. I have several Cisco routers/switches that are not a problem,
only this unit.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
Max

rancid[~]% clogin 2811.foo.com
2811.foo.com
spawn telnet 2811.foo.com
Trying 10.10.10.46...
Connected to 2811.foo.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using
this system without authority, or in excess of their authority,
are subject to having all of their activities on this system monitored
and recorded by system personnel.

In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using this system,
or in the course of system maintenance, the activities of authorized
users may also be monitored.

Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is
advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal
activity, system personnel may provide the evidence of such monitoring
to law enforcement officials.

User Access Verification

Username: user
Password:

Router#exit

Error: TIMEOUT reached

Router#show ver
Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version
12.4(7), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc6)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 01-Mar-06 07:23 by alnguyen

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 2 days, 44 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload at 16:03:44 PCTime Sat Mar 22 2008
System restarted at 00:06:18 UTC Sun Mar 23 2008
System image file is "flash:c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-7"

This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United
States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and
use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply
third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption.
Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for
compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you
agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are unable
to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.

A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be found at:
http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/crypto/tool/stqrg.html

If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email to
export at cisco.com.

Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK0909F0S8
6 FastEthernet interfaces
1 Serial interface
1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.
62592K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102