[rancid] Re: Rancid Ignore Devices

Sam Munzani smunzani at comcast.net
Thu May 29 20:23:01 UTC 2008

Not always the case. Some times you want them in router.db but flag them
to down state because you know the device is going through maintenance
and will not be reachable for some time.

I usually do following
# router.db content
device-x:cisco:up
device-y:cisco:down   # this will be excluded from backup.

Hope this helps,
Sam