[rancid] Re: Catalyst 2960

alex me at ale.cx
Thu Nov 13 14:31:15 UTC 2008

On Thursday 13 November 2008 14:10:14 Steve Ousley wrote:

> I have tried to clogin to the catalyst switches, and it logs in ok,
> however, I cannot type anything on the command line to get anything from
> the switch, the connection simply times out after a given period.

Your autoenable settings are wrong.

> Has anyone seen anything like this in the past and corrected it?

Yes. Whenever I've seen this [with routers and ASAs] it's been that the
autoenable setting in .cloginrc is wrong. RANCID is waiting for the '>'
prompt, but because the credentials you've told it to use are auto-enabled,
it never sees a '>' [only a '#'] so it times out.]

alexd