[rancid] Download configs from one router through another

Graham Fleming Graham.Fleming at bdwalk.biz
Thu Sep 4 22:56:37 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I've tried researching this but, to be honest, haven't been able to find
any concrete steps that make sense to me-please bear with me as I'm very
new to the whole RANCID/CVS/ViewVC thing although I have plenty Cisco
and Linux experience.

I have many clients with routers and switches on an internal network
that I can access either via VPN or by Cisco CLI by logging into their
public WAN-facing router and then drilling through the network that way.
I think I understand that I need to patch RANCID to allow this behavior.
So, here is my question:

How do I get this patch and how do I apply the patch to enable RANCID to
hop from one router to another?

Thank you so much for any help or points in the right direction!

Regards,

Graham