[rancid] Nortel / Bay howto

Brent Edwards bedwards at vuefoto.com
Thu Apr 9 16:47:21 UTC 2009

I see this has been discussed a bit in the past on this list, but not
seeing a clear direction.

I have several Bay Stack 470-47T switches that I would like to run
rancid against.  My understanding is at this time rancid does not
support these switches while the text based menu is being presented at
login.  It does appear that a patch has been written to help with this
but according to some messages it has not been reliable.  I apologize
for my probably basic question here (I'm more familiar with Cisco
gear), but my assumption is that if I can setup the switch to simply
drop me into a CLI interface (i.e. no menu) at login that rancid will
work just fine?  Can any of you confirm this, and if so explain how
that is accomplished.

At the end of the day I'm just trying to get rancid to work against
these Bay / Nortel switches, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Brent Edwards