[rancid] Login works, config fetch doesn't

Ronni Jensen ronnij at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:05:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a rancid installation which generally works fine for a lot of groups
and routers etc. But on some nodes I have problems collecting
configurations. For example, for this Cisco MDS 9140 switch I have the
following in .cloginrc file:

add method my-switch-name {telnet}
add autoenable my-switch-name 0
add user my-switch-name admin
add password my-switch-name password password

When I test login with "/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin my-switch-name" it
works fine. However, if I do "/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -c 'sh run'
my-switch-name" I can see that login works, but it does not collect
running-config and after a little while I get a "Error: TIMEOUT reached"
error. The same error occours when using "/usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-run
my-switches".

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Thank you very much :-)

/Cope