[rancid] Re: Dell Powerconnect switches - problem and suggestion

George Hills george at brightbox.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 09:16:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I think I broke the variable scope for $in_proc when I created a new
> procedure to eliminate some duplicate code.  It's hard to say for
> certain because I am unable to reproduce the problem on my side.  Grab
> dlogin-dev again and let me know how it goes.

This one is exactly the same as the last. Thanks for trying.

Right. I might have been wasting your time by not reading your code.

The "old" dlogin used to have separate checks for different forms of the
"More" prompt I think? The new one looks to just have a check for
"More:"? My prompt on the 6248 looks like "--More-- or (q)uit".

Without really understanding what it does, I've put the following in and
now it runs succesfully for both types of switch - though still with the
"needs an extra 'quit'" issue on the 6248.

-re "^--More-- \[^\n\r]*" {
  send_user -- "$expect_out(buffer)"
  dsend " "
  exp_continue
}

> If this doesn't fix it,
> any chance I can get access to one of the devices in question with a
> barebones config?

Just now my "dev" devices are being used for another project, but in a
few weeks time that ought to be possible if still wanted.

Cheers
--
George Hills
Systems Administrator