[rancid] Rancid doesnt backup anything

Remy Heiden remyheiden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:54:49 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

I have run into the same issue and have fixed this by replacing the
autoenable command by noenable. The device ( I believe it was an
ACE-context, but I could be wrong here) doesn't support the enable command
and its rancid process will be waiting for the enable password: prompt
untill it times out.

Somehow, simply removing the autoenable command doesn't work. I'm not sure
why.
Could someone please explain this?

Greetz,

Remy

"The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory."

 (Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore)