[rancid] Re: figure out prompt in h3clogin fails

Stefan Juon sjuon74 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 08:43:16 UTC 2010

>Hi Stefan,
>I wrote this code, a long time ago.  I haven't looked at it in ages, but
>it works day-to-day for me.  However, when I wrote it I only had 3Com 5500
>models.  I've now got something else plus some more models to come soon,
>but I've not tested against them yet.  What model were you trying this
>against?>
>
>I'll do some more tests later.
>
>In the meantime, the usual method for debugging would be something like:
>
> env NOPIPE=y PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/libexec/rancid h3crancid -d devicename
>
>which will create a .new and a .raw file without output in your working
>directory.
>
>Jethro.

Nice to meet u Jethro and thank you for you effort for h3clogin ;-)
I try to make rancid work against a H3C S5120 (and furthermore a
S7500E, S5800). Once I set  NOPIPE=y the .new and .raw are touched.
However there is no new information:

.new:
!RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE: h3c
!

.raw:
npd0011
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid npd0011
rancid at npd0011's password:

<npd0011>undo terminal monitor
Info: Current terminal monitor is off.

<npd0011>
<npd0011>
Error: TIMEOUT reached

Am I right the after sending \r the prompt is automaticlly determined?

Stefan