[rancid] Fwd: rancid and cvsweb...plz...help...

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Thu Sep 2 08:08:24 UTC 2010

> tnx a lot for your response.I did the change what you have mentioned.
> I attached the screen shot after did the change now i only see the
> CVSROOT directory.

you have a couple of other options as well in cvsweb.conf

> @CVSrepositories = (
>       'local'   => ['Local Repository', '/var/cvs'],
>       'networking' => ['Networking Devices',
> '/usr/local/rancid/var/networking'],

# The default CVS root.  Note that @CVSrepositories is list, not a hash,
# so you'll want to use 2 * 0-based-index-number here; or set this directly
# to the default's symbolic name. Unless specified, the first valid one in
# @CVSrepositories is used as the default.
#
# For example:
#
#$cvstreedefault = $CVSrepositories[2 * 0];
#$cvstreedefault = 'local';

as you have configured the 'local' repository first in
@CVSrepositories, it will use that as default. either get rid of it
(or comment it out), or add a specific default. in your case that
would look like:

$cvstreedefault = 'networking';

you can also hide the CVSROOT:

%DEFAULTVALUE = (
    # hidecvsroot: Don't show the CVSROOT directory.  Note that this is
    # just the default for a user settable option (like others in this
    # %DEFAULTVALUE hash); it won't really prevent access to CVSROOT.
    # See @ForbiddenFiles for that.
    #   1      Do not include the top-level CVSROOT directory in dir listings
    #   0      Treat the top-level CVSROOT directory just like all other dirs
    "hidecvsroot" => "1",

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.