[rancid] h3clogin

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 08:57:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Viktor Steinmann wrote:

> I've seen some older posts when grepping though the history of this
> mailing-list about login timeouts when using the custom h3clogin, as
> described on http://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c
>
> It seems I'm experiencing the same timeout problem like Ugo described in
> his mail to the list (Oct 22). Is there any solution to this? I'm trying
> to suck the configuration from HP A5500 Switches (altough in the CLI
> they're still called H3C S5500-52C-PWR-SI).

Ugo and I worked on it for a bit, then Christmas got in the way.  Lately
someone else got in touch about the same issue, so I hope to take another
look at it again shortly and try and get to the bottom of it.

What puzzles me is that I don't have this problem, and haven't been able
to reproduce it to effectively test!  Which makes me worry that it is an
expect bug or something obscure like that ...

Viktor, please send me privately the output from the following:

perl -v
expect -v

and I might be in touch with more questions.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.