[rancid] Cisco WLC Script - Unknown Manufacturer Error

Asad Hasan axhasan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 21:58:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am trying to backup WiSM (4400 version 4.2.207.0) controller configs using
rancid scripts (wlogin, ciscowlc and ciscowlc5). I can successfully login to
controller using "wlogin wodc-wlc-03" and get config using "ciscowlc -d
wodc-wlc-03".

I have updated rancid-fe file with:

    'cisco-wlc'         => 'ciscowlc',
    'cisco-wlc5'        => 'ciscowlc5',

Added to router.db bile:

wodc-wlc-03:ciscowlc:up

But I am getting an unknown manufacturer error when I run this with
rancid-run script.

Trying to get all of the configs.
unknown router manufacturer for wodc-wlc-03: ciscowlc
Getting missed routers: round 1.
unknown router manufacturer for wodc-wlc-03: ciscowlc
Getting missed routers: round 2.
unknown router manufacturer for wodc-wlc-03: ciscowlc

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Asad