[rancid] rancid-run does not always send report (diffs)

Donovan Fourie donovan.fourie at sai.co.za
Fri May 20 07:31:13 UTC 2011

Hi

Thanks for the help.
I've already checked the mail logs and it appears as though no mail was
generated by rancid. Unfortunately I've already had to run Rancid again so
checking the version numbers now would not be very helpful. I did however
notice that the version numbers for our routers never changed by more than 1
even though rancid ran twice between emails so the changes were probably not
committed.
As I mentioned previously, now that I have manually done a rancid-run it
will continue to work for a few days before it breaks. Once this problem
crops up again (probably in the next 2 days) I will check version numbers to
see if any changes were committed.

Regards,
Donovan Fourie