[rancid] Get data into svn

Nesbitt, Kevin Kevin.Nesbitt at translink.ca
Tue May 24 21:44:54 UTC 2011

Perfect, Thanks Nova :)

If you need any info let me know.

Cheers,

Kevin Nesbitt
Network Analyst
kevin.nesbitt at translink.ca
Phone:    604-953-3918
Fax:         604-953-3890

-----Original Message-----
From: rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net [mailto:rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net] On Behalf Of kevin Fletch
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:29 PM
To: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Subject: [rancid] Get data into svn

Rancid is awesome, I am new but thanks for a great tool!

I set up my 1st server yesterday on ubuntu as that is what was
requested for the OS.

I was able to get rancid to download one of the configs by using the
command with rclogin and I am next going through the cron scheduling
and add more devices.

I setup svn and websvn, but I am not sure how to get the data into the
svn repo?  I tried running svn update, but I'm stuck at the working
copy error.  I'm new to svn as well, so I'm sure it something easy,
but I've searched and spent a few hours.
Can anyone point me in the ochre direction?  I see my config file in
the config folder under the group folder I created in rancid. I didn't
do the alias stuff yet because I haven't done the email stuff yet and
I wasn't sure what the MTA was referring to?

Thanks,
Jake