[rancid] missed cmd(s): write term

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Nov 7 18:58:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 12:00:14PM +0100, Hugo Deprez wrote:
> the command works.
>
> In fact, I really have a weird behaviour. Hosts regurarly failed to
> backup quite randomly with :
> sw : missed cmd(s): write term

I'm seeing the same problem with Cisco uBR10k boxes. They often need
multiple attempts until RANCID finally is OK with the "write term"
output. Using ssh here. I've once troubleshooted it down to RANCID
having difficulty recognizing the end of the config (prompt) due to
inflexible blank character recognition (or lack thereof) of the
following command prompt. I tried fixing it but it only made things less
bad, not finally fixed it. Lost time+nerve troubleshooting further.

Best regards,
Daniel