[rancid] ignoring toggling/changing output lines

Roman Hochuli roman.hochuli at nexellent.ch
Thu Aug 9 11:09:50 UTC 2012

Hi

> the only way to filter it would be to filter all passwords, or write a
> filter that kept state to know when it enters/leaves a l2t-class def.

I was already afraid you would say so...
Will give the patch/hack you sent a try and see how it works.

> so, you will need a filter or some sorting; if ring
> interfaces can be configured one per-line, like
> then i would split those lines like this and use ProcessHistory to sort on
> the interface.

Unfortuneatly no. :-/

Will have a chat with their support to have them fix this behaviour
someway in future releases.

Thank you for your help.

--
Best regards,
Roman Hochuli

nexellent ag
Saegereistrasse 33
CH-8152 Glattbrugg

Phone:       +41 44 872 20 00
Fax:         +41 44 872 20 01

Imagination is the one weapon in the war
against reality.
                    -- Jules de Gaultier