[rancid] rancid aruba support

Hinote, Willie Scott. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] willie.s.hinote at nasa.gov
Tue Dec 11 17:36:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

I need some assistance with Aruba devices. I found an old thread over at ArubaNetworks and followed the instructions but when I execute rancid-run I receive the following error.

Thread
--
http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-Automating-Aruba-Controller-Tasks-with-Kiwi-CatTools/td-p/1365

Specifically
--
http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-Automating-Aruba-Controller-Tasks-with-Kiwi-CatTools/m-p/1368/highlight/true#M95

Error Message
--
Trying to get all of the configs.
Exec failed router manufacturer aruba: No such file or directory

I downloaded the arubarancid file, stripped the .txt off and moved it into /usr/libexec/rancid then chmod 755 /usr/libexec/rancid/arubarancid. I edited /usr/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe and added 'aruba' => 'arubarancid', . The error message appears to be from the rancid-fe file and not from the arubarancid file. If anyone is currently backing up Aruba devices and has a working arubarancid / arubalogin that you can send me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you