[rancid] "sh: clogin: command not found" when run from cron

bob watson bobthebaritone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:27:05 UTC 2012

Chris,

I would get a debug statement in the PERL to see what the environment is
there. There are many ways of doing that. PATHs can also be set up in
rancid.conf.

My main experience is with Solaris and RANCID so I am not expert on CENT OS
(Like Redhat Enterprise Linux?). As a rule, to make code portable, never
rely on the crontab path as a lot off *nix's do not support it!

Good luck!

Now, remember to nock off work  before Christmas shopping has been done by
your significant other!

Cheers,

Bob