[rancid] HP ProCurve MSM410 AccessPoint

Helmut Wieser helmut.wieser at ieee.org
Fri Jan 13 10:02:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've got rancid running fine with a variety of devices. However I've got
a few HP ProCurve MSM410 access points that I would like to monitor with
rancid as well. I can log in fine with hlogin. But they do not support
"show system" or "show system information". Instead the command needs to
be "show system info".

Is anyone using those devices in rancid? I tried type "hp" in router.db,
but this doesn't work.

Here's sample "show system info" output:

CLI# show system info
                                                 [CPU
info]               [Mem info]
Firmware Version: 5.3.1.0-y-xxxx          Load 1min:       0.00   Total
RAM:  263438336
Uptime:           123 days, 03:56>         Load 5min:       0.00    Free
RAM:  219406336
Board Revision:   50-00-1036-02            Load 15min:      0.00  Buffer
RAM:    6041600
Serial Number:    xxxxxxxxxx               CPU use now:       0%   Cache
RAM:   14221312
                                            CPU 5sec ago:      1%
[Storage use]
                                            CPU 10sec ago:     0%
Permanent:        3%
                                            CPU 20sec ago:     1%
Temporary:        1%

This is a list of all commands:

end:
         Switches to parent context.
reboot device:
         Restarts the system.
show interfaces:
         Show networking interfaces.
show bridge:
         Show bridge information.
show bridge forwarding:
         Show bridge forwarding information.
show arp:
         Show the ARP table.
show ip:
         Show all IP addresses.
show ip route:
         Show all IP routes.
show dns cache [<serial>]:
         Show DNS cache entries. Specify a serial number to display detailed
information.
show system info:
         Show basic system information.
show certificate:
         Display current certificates.
show certificate binding:
         Display how the certificates are used.
sh:
         Protected access to shell.
arp <arguments>:
         Displays and modifies the Internet-to-Ethernet address translation
tables used by the address resolution protocol.
iperf <arguments>:
         Runs a performance throughput test.
ping <arguments>:
         Determines if  the specified remote IP address is active.
arping <arguments>:
         Pings a destination on a device interface using ARP packets.
quit:
         Exit the enable context.
rcapture <arguments>:
         Sends port capture to an FTP server.
dumpstats <arguments>:
         Display internal status.
show all config:
         Print all configuration that applies to this device.
show client log [<macaddr>]:
         Display client station log. Enter the MAC address to display more
details for a specific client station.
show wireless neighborhood:
         Show all access points detected nearby.
show wireless rogue-ap:
         Show all rogue access points detected nearby.
show dot11 associations:
         Show all current wireless associations.
show dot11 statistics client-traffic:
         Show current client matrix statistics.
show local mesh:
         Show current local mesh  interfaces.
config:
         Switches to the config context.
factory reset:
         Resets the unit to factory default settings.
switch operational mode:
         Switches the unit operational mode.

kind regards,
Helmut Wieser