[rancid] Couple of Questions. upgrading and Fortinet issue.

Chris Davis Chris.Davis at prin.edu
Mon Jul 15 20:55:49 UTC 2013

I recently tried integrating my Fortinet FortiGate units into RANCID.  I'm having some trouble which I see has been noticed here before.  Apparently 2.3.8 patch 4 should fix the problem of my Private keys looking like they've been changed and they should stop generating a change report every time the job runs.  That led me to another problem.

I am currently on version 2.3.6 and I was wondering if upgrading to 2.3.8 was just as simple as expanding the archive and running .configure and make?  Will it move my data around if needed?  Or is that something I have to do manually?

The other thing I've noticed is that other folks also had passwords seem to be continually changing and causing alerts.  I have never noted this in my clusters........................yet.  I do however get an alert that the date has changed on the unit instead.  Any ideas other than the patch to get rid (hopefully) of the change being caused by the date?

Thanks in Advance.
Chris