[rancid] Couple of Questions. upgrading and Fortinet issue.

Richard Savage Richard.Savage at newnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 21:06:13 UTC 2013

The other thing I’ve noticed is that other folks also had passwords seem to be continually changing and causing alerts.  I have never noted this in my clusters……………………yet.

-- Yes I see this all the time, every time a backup is run. I need to be able to backup a full config on other devices, (cisco, juicer) so can't disable the grabbing of password data in rancid as this would stop it being backed up for all cisco and juniper hardware.  Not sure of any way to achieve this at the moment.

Rich

This e-mail is sent on behalf of NewNet Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, registered number 03128506, registered office Carnac Lodge, Cams Estate, FAREHAM, Hampshire PO16 8UJ and regulated by Ofcom. The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of that individual or entity to which it is addressed. Unauthorised use, dissemination, distribution, publication or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this in error, please notify us by email to privacy at newnet.co.uk<mailto:privacy at newnet.co.uk> and delete any copies. For information about how we process data and monitor communications please see our privacy statement<http://www.newnet.co.uk/Bottom-Bar/privacy-policy.php>.