[rancid] managing supermicro switches.

Jason Welsh jwelsh at livegamer.com
Fri Nov 8 15:23:55 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 03:08 PM, heasley wrote:

> <group>/routers.up is probably empty.  check your router.db format.  note
> that the : separator was changed to ; to accomodate ipv6 addresses.

ok, my mistake, editing the etc/rancid.types.base  was the right thing
to do.. I cut out all the non-working commands.
It seems to be working now.. The only issue left (i hope) is  this in
the logs.

Trying to get all of the configs.
backbone: End of run not found

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
backbone: End of run not found

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
backbone: End of run not found

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
backbone: End of run not found

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
backbone: End of run not found

I see in the var/networking/configs directory a
backbone.raw and a backbone.new  (which seem to have the config info
that rancid is gathering during the run but disappear at the end of the run)
while rancid is running, but when rancid is done, the backbone config
file in this directory is left empty..
Im guessing it should have something in it ?

regards,
Jason