[rancid] managing supermicro switches.

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Nov 8 16:31:31 UTC 2013

Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 10:23:55AM -0500, Jason Welsh:

> On 11/07/2013 03:08 PM, heasley wrote:
> >
> > <group>/routers.up is probably empty.  check your router.db format.  note
> > that the : separator was changed to ; to accomodate ipv6 addresses.
> >

> ok, my mistake, editing the etc/rancid.types.base  was the right thing
> to do.. I cut out all the non-working commands.

actually it is not, as noted at the top of that file.  you should copy the
cisco definition to etc/rancid.types.conf, rename it (ciscolocal or similar)
and alter the command list there.

> It seems to be working now.. The only issue left (i hope) is  this in
> the logs.
>

> Trying to get all of the configs.
> backbone: End of run not found
>
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> backbone: End of run not found
>
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 2.
> backbone: End of run not found
>
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 3.
> backbone: End of run not found
>
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
> backbone: End of run not found
>

> I see in the var/networking/configs directory a
> backbone.raw and a backbone.new  (which seem to have the config info
> that rancid is gathering during the run but disappear at the end of the run)
> while rancid is running, but when rancid is done, the backbone config
> file in this directory is left empty..
> Im guessing it should have something in it ?

yes, something is failing during the collection.  look at the logs and you
can test with

	NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE
	grancid -t ciscolocal -d devicename