[rancid] Question

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 09:46:41 UTC 2013

I assume you use clogin to log into the Siemans?

I can see 2 ways to approach this:

1. You can read these paragraphs in "man 5 cloginrc" in the DIRECTIVES
SECTION:

add enableprompt <router name glob> {"<enable prompt>"}
add passprompt <router name glob> {"<password prompt>"}

I've never used these myself so can't comment on their effectiveness.

2. A Siemans might just be an OEM device made by some other vendor that
is already supported in rancid, this might take some tracking down.

What does "show version" show? Is it very IOS-like?

If all else fails, you can run clogin with the -d option to get debug
output and you can see what is really going on