[rancid] modifying diff conditions

'heasley' heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Nov 15 16:37:28 UTC 2013

Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 07:17:04AM -0500, Wayne Eisenberg:
> Maybe, maybe not. I've tried your format, too, and it isn't working.

| or \| without the grouping operator is a |; so I believe that I am correct.

> '(term1|term2|term3)'
> '(.*term1.*|.*term2.*|.*term.*)'   - (might be overkill, but thought I would try it).
>
> Funny thing, if I run the 'cvs -f diff' command at the command prompt, then it ignores the appropriate lines.
>
> cvs -f diff -r 1.150 -r 1.151 -U 4 -ko --ignore-matching-lines=___________

try it with '(term1|term2|term3)'

> but within the script it doesn't behave the same. What's different (besides that I have to specify which revisions to diff)?

possibly the quoting.  have you altered the cvs diff line itself, or use a
variable on that line?  for example, .* being glob expanded.  or possibly the
version of diff that you are getting as a result of differences in PATH?