[rancid] Can't login to device

Hinote, Scotty (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] willie.s.hinote at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 16 14:12:59 UTC 2013

You can also try to telnet to your device directly.

telnet -d ryan at 10.1.1.40

This will open a telnet session in debug mode. It will display verbose output that should give an explicit error. If clogin isn't reporting any error messages then the server is most likely not able to connect to the device; firewall, ACL, no route to device.

Regards,
Scotty