[rancid] Adtran Support

Steven Saner ssaner at hubris.net
Tue Dec 30 21:35:49 UTC 2014

Hi all:

I have been using RANCID for years now with Cisco gear. I would like to
also use it with some Adtran gear that we have, including the TA5000,
TA90x IADs, and Netvanta EFM cpe.

I'm working with the most recent version and I see what appears to be
the beginnings of support for Adtran gear in /etc/rancid.types.base. But
there doesn't seem to be any adtran.pm module. I also see a comment from
a few months ago in the list archives about someone that once created an
nvrancid script to handle some Netvanta gear.

My question is this. Is there any effort underway to finish up the
Adtran support in the current version, and if so, can I be of any help?

If not, I would like to embark on the project myself and contribute any
work that I'm able to accomplish.

Steve