[rancid] Nortel Support

AJ Schroeder AJ.Schroeder at directsupply.com
Thu Jan 30 16:38:28 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I finally got the Nortel switches in my environment backing up properly with RANCID. I made separate scripts for the baystack and ERS switches in our environment. As I was googling around I know that adding support for these switches has been discussed in the past but I never saw an answer. Would the devs of RANCID be interested in adding support for these Nortel devices?

In either case, I am having some difficulties processing the end of the baystack output. The config just simply ends. There is no 'back' or 'end' that I can key in on to tell RANCID that the config is done and it can logout. I have it working, but it leaves this at the end of the captured config file:

qos queue-set-assignment queue-set 3 1p 7 queue 1
ES-470#logout

I tried to get RANCID to watch for the $prompt variable, but it just sits there and eventually times out. The best I have been able to do is leave the logging in and out to my custom 'nortellogin' script, then everything works, except it leave this in the config file.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder