[rancid] Setup issue

Michael T. Voity mvoity at uvm.edu
Fri May 2 19:11:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm new to the RANCID realm.   Before posting to this list I have done
my research and cannot quite seem to get the right answer to my issue.

I'm trying to get RANCID to work with my Cisco ASR9001 which has ios-xr -

In the log file i get these messages -

Trying to get all of the configs.
swick-uvm-gw2: missed cmd(s): dir /all disk1a:,admin show diag,dir /all
slavedisk2:,dir /all sec-slot2:,dir /all disk1:,dir /all sec-nvram:,dir
/all disk2:,dir /all sec-bootflash:,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all
disk0:,dir /all compactflasha:,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all
sec-slot1:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all slavenvram:,dir /all
sec-disk2:,dir /all sec-disk0:,dir /all harddiskb:,dir /all
slavedisk1:,show controllers,show rpl maximum,dir /all slavedisk0:,show
debug,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sec-slot0:,dir /all sec-disk1:,dir
/all disk0a:,dir /all slot2:,dir /all compactflash:,dir /all
harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,admin show running,show vlan,dir /all
slavebootflash:,dir /all slaveslot1:,dir /all nvram:,admin show
inventory raw,show running-config,dir /all slot1:
swick-uvm-gw2: End of run not found
!
watt-uvm-gw3: missed cmd(s): dir /all disk1a:,admin show diag,dir /all
slavedisk2:,dir /all sec-slot2:,dir /all disk1:,dir /all sec-nvram:,dir
/all disk2:,dir /all sec-bootflash:,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all
disk0:,dir /all compactflasha:,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all
sec-slot1:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all slavenvram:,dir /all
sec-disk2:,dir /all sec-disk0:,dir /all harddiskb:,dir /all
slavedisk1:,show controllers,show rpl maximum,dir /all slavedisk0:,show
debug,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sec-slot0:,dir /all sec-disk1:,dir
/all disk0a:,dir /all slot2:,dir /all compactflash:,dir /all
harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,admin show running,show vlan,dir /all
slavebootflash:,dir /all slaveslot1:,dir /all nvram:,admin show
inventory raw,show running-config,dir /all slot1:
watt-uvm-gw3: End of run not found
!

When i switch it from ios-xr to ios in the router.db file, it works, but
every time I run the rancid-run it gives me a huge diff of the ios-xr
routers.

I have also un-commented  NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE

I have setup my ios-xr routers in a separate group.

Still no dice.

I have a separate group for my ios devices that is working fine.

ideas?

-Mike

--
Michael T. Voity