[rancid] Rancid submits random characters after logon - causes config read failure

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Sep 12 14:56:23 UTC 2014

With bash being my shell, I've just been doing TERM="" before using clogin
on aristas.  After seeing heasley's response, I did a little testing, and
vt100 seems to work as well.  My native TERM was "screen" since I like to
use screen, it results in display similar to what you posted and an "n"
spit out as if typed.