[rancid] ASR 1001-X and Rancid 2.3.6

Matthew Arguin matt.arguin at oanda.com
Tue Sep 23 19:40:11 UTC 2014

looking for a little insight.  I have a pair of ASR1001-X's in my rancid
config... had missed, previously, that there was a router type of
cisco-xr and was getting a diff EVERY run of rancid on my primary router
and sometimes on my secondary.  changed the router type to the cisco-xr
(it was only just on cisco) and noticed that in the RANCID release notes
for 2.3.2 there is this:

"rancid: filter filesize and date of tracelogs dir on IOS-XE"

so i was hoping that by just changing the 'cisco' to 'cisco-xr' i would
fix the issue as i did confirm in the two lastest diff's that it is the
tracelogs dir causing the problem.  however, it persists.

i am running 2.3.6:

-sh-3.2$  /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid -V
rancid 2.3.6

i must be missing something...

-matt