[rancid] vyatta/vyos

Antonio Querubin tony at lavanauts.org
Wed Apr 1 12:21:05 UTC 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, robert.4.hughes at bt.com wrote:

> I am seeing the same issue.
>
> When I run rancid-run I see the following errors in the log file:
>
> router01: vlogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
> router01: missed cmd(s): show configuration commands
> router01: End of run not found
> #
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> Passed argv0 into rancid-fe {
> Unknown router manufacturer for {:
>
> Manually I can run vlogin -c "show configuration commands" router01
> And this pulls back the config.
>
> Note I manually changed the vrancid file to just run the command "show
> configuration commands", not sure if this is the correct way to
> configure the commands or should I be using rancid.types.conf?

vrancid is no longer used and should be deleted.  You should be using
rancid.types.conf and vyos.pm.  The latter needs to be moved to the same
directory where rancid.pm resides.  rancid.types.conf should look
something like:

vyos;script;rancid -t vyos
vyos;login;vlogin
vyos;module;vyos
vyos;inloop;vyos::inloop
vyos;command;vyos::ShowHardware;show hardware cpu
vyos;command;vyos::ShowHardware;show hardware dmi
vyos;command;vyos::ShowHardware;show hardware pci
vyos;command;vyos::ShowHardware;show hardware scsi
vyos;command;vyos::ShowHardware;show hardware usb
vyos;command;vyos::ShowVersion;show system routing-daemons
vyos;command;vyos::ShowVersion;show system image
vyos;command;vyos::ShowVersion;show version all
vyos;command;vyos::ShowConfiguration;show configuration
vyos;command;vyos::ShowConfiguration;show configuration commands

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony at lavanauts.org
xmpp:  antonioquerubin at gmail.com