[rancid] Fix for hpuifilter (HP Procurve)

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Mon Dec 14 15:01:11 UTC 2015

Rancid wasn't working with HP Procurve switches - a problem which I have 
found mentioned by other people, e.g.

I believe I have found and fixed the underlying cause of this problem. 
It's in hpuifilter. In the case where tbuf contains both a complete 
escape sequence and a partial escape sequence, the function expectmore() 
was returning zero to say "complete" when in fact there could have been 
a partial sequence following it. As a result, some escape sequences were 
getting mangled.

The attached patch changes this so only a complete escape sequence is 
accepted, and now hrancid/hlogin appear to work happily, at least with 
the J9775A (2530-48G) that I'm using here.

I'm sure this could be done in a cleaner way, and also it could amortise 
several escape sequences into a single call, although I didn't do this 
as the existing code currently stops after a newline sequence and this 
appears to be intentional.

I also took the liberty of changing memcpy() calls to memmove(), since 
the former has undefined behaviour when the destination and source 
memory areas overlap.


Brian Candler.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: hpuifilter.diff.gz
Type: application/gzip
Size: 1012 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/attachments/20151214/6c4e973d/attachment.gz>

More information about the Rancid-discuss mailing list