[rancid] Rancid, Cisco login, but no local account

Cuttler, Brian (HEALTH) brian.cuttler at health.ny.gov
Mon Jan 26 19:33:46 UTC 2015

We are moving to Cisco and will be using TACACS authentication, we had been using HP switches with local accounts.

The new switches will only fall back to local account when TACACS access fails. So I’m not sure how to configure rancid to pick up the switch configs.

We do not control the TACACS server, accounts have expiring passwords…

Can Rancid use snmp to do so, or can someone with experience in this suggest something?