[rancid] End of run not found

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 07:09:16 UTC 2015

On 01/06/2015 21:34, Alfredo Jo wrote:
> Thank you, i am looking into it as well, might take me a while to figure
> it out, Here is the output of the f10rancid -d run:
>

> PROMPT MATCH: SF-LAN2#
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show version
>
>     In ShowVersion: SF-LAN2#show version
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show bootvar
>
>     In ShowBoot: SF-LAN2#show bootvar
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#dir flash:
>
>     In DirSlotN: SF-LAN2#dir flash:
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#dir slot0:
>
>     In DirSlotN: SF-LAN2#dir slot0:
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show chassis
>
>     In ShowChassis: SF-LAN2#show chassis
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show system
>
>     In ShowChassis: SF-LAN2#show system
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show inventory
>
>     In ShowInventory: SF-LAN2#show inventory
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show vlan
>
>     In ShowVLAN: SF-LAN2#show vlan
>
> HIT COMMAND:SF-LAN2#show running
>
>     In WriteTerm: SF-LAN2#show running
>
> 10.0.0.251 <http://10.0.0.251>: End of run not found
>
> 10.0.0.251 <http://10.0.0.251>: End of run not found

This shows that the script correctly detected the beginning of the
output from "show running", but not the end. The version of rancid I
have here is still the 2.3 series, and it shows that command is the last
one to be run.

The main loop in the script starts with this:

TOP: while(<INPUT>) {
    tr/\015//d;
    if (/\#\s?exit$/) {
        $clean_run=1;
        last;
    }

So it's looking for the regex "/\#\s?exit$/) to detect end of output.
Perhaps that word exit doesn't appear, or the following EOL is missing?

Either way your true problem is around there somewhere.