[rancid] Backing up F5 BigIP LTM with rancid?

Jos buoy at clear.net.nz
Wed Jun 10 05:43:27 UTC 2015

Hi Scott

I trust you got this sorted by now, but you were not alone with this. I
have finally managed to get this going on a Centos 6.5 machine with the
config attached (a hacked amalgam of 3.2 rancid and the github tmsh
stuff), hoping it’s helpful to someone, the F5’s we have that this works
for are running 11.5.1 Build 4.123.128. It’s currently producing noise,
specifically the encrypted passwords for a couple local user accounts keep
getting flagged in cvs as changing, but otherwise works well.

If I can figure out the regex to remove the encrypted passwords that
follow:

auth-password-encrypted

Or
privacy-password-encrypted