[rancid] fresh rancid 3.2 install

Josten, Michael Michael.Josten at hs-niederrhein.de
Thu Jun 25 07:35:01 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I did a fresh rancid 3.2 install on a test machine before upgrading our productive system from 2.3.8 to 3.2.
We use many Brocade switches ( FCX, ICX, MLX, RX, SX Series ) and some ProCurves. I already read through the mailing list
to find someone with similar problems and NO, my router.db file doesn't contain ":" as separator :P
OS is Ubuntu 14.04. Rancid compiled with default options. Logfile says sth. like this

Trying to get all of the configs.
mlxkr01: missed cmd(s): all commands
mlxkr01 flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
mlxkr01: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
mlxkr01: missed cmd(s): all commands
mlxkr01 flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
mlxkr01: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
mlxkr01: missed cmd(s): all commands
mlxkr01 flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
mlxkr01: End of run not found

Clogin works on all devices.
flogin also works, BUT when I try to send a command while being logged in with flogin the dreadfull "TIMEOUT reached" occurs
which doesn't happen when I am logged in via clogin.

Files and folders should all have correct rights and flags

With best regards

Michael Josten