[rancid] fresh rancid 3.2 install

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 06:09:02 UTC 2015

On 26/06/2015 07:20, Josten, Michael wrote:
> Based on experience with getting kit to play nicely with rancid, I'd say there's something wrong with your prompt, as rancid can't identify the line that starts the "show running-config" output.
>
> Do you get the normal "PROMPT FOUND" output in debug mode?
> Any clues in the output around the area where it searches for command output?
>
> These problems often turn out to be regex-related.
>

> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
>

> Good morning,
>
> i did some testing with flogin and a brocade ICX6610 device. The script seems to struggle when the returned output exceeds one page. Command output
> with lots of output don't work, just as "show run".  If I got this right, this might explain the "end of run not found" in my rancid logs.
> Instead of returning to user prompt flogin repeats
>
> spawn id exp0 sent < >
> spawn id exp6 sent < >
>
> I just try to make my best guess here.

That makes a lot of sense actually, expect is getting confused.

I don't have access to any brocade devices at all or your device output,
so it's hard to help further with specifics. I'm assuming flogin manages
the login portion OK, and runs the command properly.

Have you checked for end-of-page markers (eg <--more-->)?

You should also be able to run flogin with -c <command> to check that it
gives back the correct output. Compare with what you get logging in
manually and typing commands directly.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com