[rancid] RANCID - Password Error using Telnet on Cisco Switch

John Heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Dec 21 05:08:58 UTC 2016

Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:14:16PM -0500, Lee:
> In any case, on a related note - how hard would it be to have
> something like the clogin -x option that treats the input file as
> straight text with no meta-chars?   Using rancid for things like
> setting the banner, snmp community string, etc. is a pain.  I'd much
> prefer not having to figure out what all had to be escaped.

another user asked about this; there was a catch with doing this that I
am now struggling to remember and when that user did not reply I dropped
it.  ISTR it was just not wanting to alter -x, rather use a different
option.  grumble; I'll have to look at it again.