[rancid] @Script

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Jan 19 18:03:43 UTC 2016

Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 07:56:49AM +0000, Varghese, Vineeth:
> Hello,
>
> Can I check the scrip that runs in the baground which taking an backup,

I do not understand what you are asking.  Check what about it?  You have
the source code; you can check that.  You can look at /bin/ps to see
things running at the rancid user.  and you can look at the logs in
~rancid/logs.

> If yes, can I know the path where all the script saves?

saves what it has collected?  ~rancid/group/configs/.

> And by default does rancid take backup of startup and running configuration file of switch or it' just the startup config.

it collects the running-config only.  if you want to ensure that the start-up
is maintained, you could write a script for clogin -s that writes the config
once a day or more frequent.

Also, see rancid_intro(1).