[rancid] Up-to-date check failed

Андрей Фомин bosk802 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:00:19 UTC 2016

May be this can be somehow related to HDD-failure we had 2 weeks ago.

After this HDD failure, i found that rancid has not recognized config
changes for last 2 weeks. I'm not a rancid-expert, but i found some
recomendations on debugging rancid failures - (briefly) try to manually
'clogin', if ok, try rancid-run explicitly an watch for logs. 'clogin' went
perfect, so here's my log:

$ cat network.20160120.103453
starting:

Trying to get all of the configs.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs diff: configs/10.0.1.249 was removed, no comparison available
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs
cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `configs/10.0.X.Y'
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

ending:

Can anyone help in this situation?

PS: is there any RANCID-book or something? I only find documents which i
can describe as "deploying guides", but this doesn't give any information
about how it actually works (let's call it 'mehanics of rancid'). Or i need
to read for ex. O'reilly's "Essential CVS" and couple of other books? Need
your advice about this. I feel frustrated about rancid and need to cope
with it in some better way than now.