[rancid] Nexus 1000v switch-router

Charles T. Brooks Charles.Brooks at hbcs.org
Thu Jun 30 14:34:05 UTC 2016

Hullo all

  If I use a device type of "cisco" it works, but has the same minor but annoying problems that you get when monitoring a Nexus 5K with device type cisco.  If I use device type "cisco-nx" it simply does not work at all - after 24 hours I start getting the "unable to connect to device" emails every hour.   Has anyone else run into this yet, or am I the first?

--Charlie

PS:   I implemented rancid with git and gitweb a month ago and set up monitoring and automatic remote git a month or so ago and it's FANTASTIC... saves me a lot of work and the price is right.  Thank you Mr. Heasley and co-conspirators!

--C
       ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------

  This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged confidential information
protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.

       ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------