[rancid] Creating a new rancid login file

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Sep 13 20:56:44 UTC 2016

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 09:43:24PM +0000, Remsik,Robert:
> Closer!
>
> I had to fix a couple id10t errors, and tell audiorancid that it's prompt is > versus #.
>
> Now it's dumping the entire raw file during one 'ProcessHistory' call.  Is there a way to only have it dump the contents per calls (so we can get error messages per call) or just have it be okay with only one call? and not complain about all the other missed commands?

see rancid(3).  lmk if it doesnt answer your questions.

there should be no 'missed commands'.  they should all appear in the o/p
from the device - they may have produced an error, but they should still
appear.

> Also, it's currently inserting ';' in front of almost all lines.  Is there a way to not insert ';'s?

Thats your calls doing that, not the function.