[rancid] Lock individual router instead of group?

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Wed Sep 14 13:48:23 UTC 2016

Does anyone have a patch that would allow rancid-run to lock only a
router name instead of a group-name when -r is used?  We use syslog
watching to trigger individual device runs to get a rudimentary blame
log, but since all our routers are in the same group, some changes are
mis-attributed due to locking.  We can do it directly by running
control_rancid instead, but that runs into the issue of garbled commits
from race conditions if multiple changes are made.

Any other solutions people have to resolve my root request (try to
capture what user changed what lines) are also welcome.

--
Brandon Ewing                                   (nicotine at warningg.com)