[rancid] Cisco commands in 3.6.2

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jun 28 17:32:56 UTC 2017

Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:10:23AM +0100, Craig Hopkins:
> Hi,
>
> rancid is happily backing up my ASAs and switches, but in rancid.types.base
> I can see
>
> cisco;command;ios::ShowInventory;show inventory raw
>
> How do I get rancid to run this command on a Cisco? It isn't currently. It
> looks like it's just doing show version, show flash and show running.

it is run; but if the command is not supported by the device or is different
on the ASA (because cisco is incapable of consistency between platforms) and
therefore is "ambiguous", that failure will be ignored by rancid.  if you
know what the correct command is for the ASA, lmk.