[rancid] is there scripts for 3com router

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 08:46:26 UTC 2017

Yes, these were my scripts originally (they work "just enough" for me,
unfortunately I hardly have any development time).  They will work for
anything(ish) that is Comware-based, (3, 5, 7).  But there were few
3Com-branded Comware poroducts, before they became H3C or HP branded, now
HPE; or separately Huawei.

If you're talking about the ancient 3Com lanswitch software (I think
that's what it was called internally) with the menu-driven CLI ... well
you're partly out of luck.

There is a theoretical way, from what I recall, though I never did it for
3Com.  I think there was a way of pulling the underlying config off by
tftp, maybe triggered through the CLI, so you might be able to use
something like wraprancid:

  https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/wraprancid

to do that with a new module for 3Com.  Maybe.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.